I’ve done it, I’ve made the leap.
I have a custom domain now! jon-farrow.com
No more clunky thoughtfulpharaoh.wordpress.com. No more ads from wordpress. It feels more official now.
I also took the chance to update the look of the website and to update my About page. I decided that I wanted to make this blog a bit more tied to me personally, because Thoughtful Pharaoh is a) hard to spell and b) not that memorable. From now on, this will just be my personal blog and I’ll just use Thoughtful Pharaoh as my nickname.
I admit that it’s a bit of a cop-out from my weekly writing, so I leave you with this list of fantastic science articles and videos to read and watch this week:
- Planet Earth II and the fantastic urban fox https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/02/planet-earth-ii-and-the-fantastic-urban-fox/515958/
- This crab clones its allies by ripping them in half https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/02/this-crab-clones-its-allies-by-ripping-them-in-half/515814/
- Against willpower http://nautil.us/issue/45/power/against-willpower
- Born Lucky: The genetics of the four leaf clover http://nautil.us/blog/born-lucky-the-genetics-of-the-four_leaf-clover
- Does Hot Water Freeze Faster Than Cold Water? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkH2iX0rx8U
- Why Is Poop Brown And Pee Yellow? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7BXp7tVzME
- Sorry, but these pollinating robots can’t replace bees http://www.popsci.com/forgotten-gel-could-help-future-robot-pollination-bee-drone
One Reply to “A domain to call my own”
Fantastic goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff
previous to and you’re just extremely fantastic. I actually like what you have acquired here,
certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say it.
You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible.
I cant wait to read much more from you. This is
actually a tremendous web site.